Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sean


Even though I've known Sean since I was in high school, and we are good friends, it was not easy to try and photograph him this past weekend. He was tense and I lacked the skills to put him at ease. I enjoyed trying, but making portraits does not come easily to me. This is one reason I am impressed by strong portrait photographers. I think good portraits are rare, and that making excellent portaits takes a special talent. I've made a promise to myself to try and photograph family and friends- but I've had trouble following through. Even photographing my own son is an effort that I have to force myself to make.
Next weekend I'll be shooting tabletop objects again- or other things I can move around at will.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you do shoot more portraits because I love this one and want to see more.

    ReplyDelete