Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Andreas Rentsch





I first saw an Andreas Rentsch photo in an ICP course catalogue. I immediately looked him up and was gratified by the images on his website. I'm wondering if I might be able to use his images in an upcoming article about time travel.

These images reminded me of questions surrounding cave paintings- were these made for human eyes, or as a kind of communication with the spirits? They also reminded me of some of my favorite Anselm Kiefer images.
Andreas Rentsch has an interesting history, growing up on prison grounds as a child of the warden. If you are interested in hearing more about him and his process, check out this recent video. The above images are from his "Figure Series", and were made in the American southwest.

No comments:

Post a Comment