Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rope Charming


Trying to figure out how to animate this rope. I locked myself into my studio over Thanksgiving, and sent Ollie off with his dad. I wasn't happy with anything I did--there were no final shots that emerged from the round of shooting. However, I'm not too discouraged about it because I did seem to start scratching the surface of some new ideas (the above is an example). I bought a 10x12' muslim backdrop and spent a lot of time moving furniture around, experimenting with it.

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca! A common thread in all of your posts is that you are never happy with your work! Maybe it's that "divine dissatisfaction" (was it Martha Graham who said that?) I think you have brilliant ideas. Many of them "get there" in my view, and some others need only the luxury of more time, which I know has to be a hard thing to negotiate.
    Anyway, I am a fan. I love your aesthetic and your concepts!
    Onward and upward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace,
    That is very nice to hear. Thank you. I will get there...
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete