Thursday, December 18, 2008



This is a test from my shoot this past Sunday- my first shoot with my new Mamiya RB67. Here I am trying again to work out a setting that is familiar, but with suggestions of landscape and scale. I was happy that I was able to concentrate and get something done even with Ollie in the house playing noisily downstairs. Feels good to be shooting again with predictable results- a camera that I know and a format I love. All that struggling with the 4x5 was disheartening. When you see the big, luminous image on the expanse of ground glass it looks amazing, but on the proof sheets the same images were flat and dull.

Just got an email from a website called the supermelon where they reviewed my work:

http://www.thesupermelon.com/art/the-corner-of-your-eye

No comments:

Post a Comment