Saturday, January 10, 2009




I've been thinking about different kinds of ways of making images lately, and today I experimented with making images using a scanner. I'm hankering after more immediate results, and experimenting with mixing mediums again. The top image above is a finished photo, the below is the "drawing"/collage that I made before shooting. The finished version here has baffled me because people rarely noticed that the "water" coming from the fawcet is actually blue paper. Was the illusion that was too successful? It always amazed me that even when looking at a giant 30x40" print people didn't notice that crucial detail. Maybe I should have just finalized the collage instead. I am going to think about doing this more, and what the final presentation would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment