Saturday, January 10, 2009

I LOVE NEW YORK


Never mind the guy falling asleep with the toothpick in his mouth. Today I saw a young woman with no pants riding on the subway. She came into the car with friends who were pretending nothing was was out of the ordinary. She was wearing a hat, boots, black underwear (and the regular girl kind- not boy shorts), sweater, and shirt.
My first impulse was to offer her my seat. I tried not to laugh too loud. Lots of people on the subway didn't even notice, but of course many did.
It was amazing, amusing, incredible. What a miracle of audacity. When I got off the train at Union Square I saw a guy dressed in a costume entirely in plastic bags, but he looked like yesterdays news.

1 comment:

  1. It takes time to see the urban splendor, to slow down and be in the moment. Every time it is like a little Breath.

    ReplyDelete