Friday, April 2, 2010

Journalist of Milk


I took this over the weekend in a few rushed hours of studio time while Oliver was downstairs chattering a mile a minute as only a four year old can. He does not understand why I need to ignore him in order to get work done. I feel sorry that I have to snap at him to get this time set aside for myself. I wonder if there is a way I can incorporate him into my artistic practice a little bit. I'm going to think about some kind of mutually satisfying project we might try together, if such a thing is possible.
It was incredible how good it felt to be in my studio again after two weeks. There is nothing else in the world that makes me feel this way. There is no replacement for it.

When I took these photos I was amusing myself by thinking of myself as a journalist of milk. I thought if I was a certain kind of photojournalist, and saw this bowl of milk, I would take this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment