Saturday, July 17, 2010

Necklace final


Last weekend I forced myself not to shoot, but to instead spend my studio time going through old test shots, placing them into a book, and generally making a stab at organizing my studio. This weekend I'm doing more of the same- this time working on color balancing and dust removing from some newly scanned work. Above is a final from a three image series shot last summer. I've never printed this work, but I really want to. Not sure I'm getting the skin tones right- I don't have a lot of skin in my work and it is always difficult for me to get it looking right.
This is one of my favorites from the past year- I think what I like the most about it is the way the shape of the necklace seems to draw a body into the negative space.

1 comment:

  1. Jayne (Mima's friend)July 20, 2010 at 11:01 AM

    Wow! This necklace creation is beautiful Rebecca! Thanks for posting it! I will be in NYC in October with my Mom and 3 sisters so maybe we can meet for tea or a glass of wine and a quick visit...are you still in Brooklyn? I enjoy seeing your pix of darling Oliver. We keep up with Spence and Robin Eddy via FB and email and hope to visit them over the holidays...our August plans falling through due to remodel project at our little bungalow in Redlands....or as I call it "The Retirement Home" Enjoy the rest of your summer in the city...Jayne

    ReplyDelete