Saturday, March 5, 2011

Guilty Pleasure


Just scraping the surface here with this image from last weekend. I'm dying to get into my studio tomorrow again to shoot some new images.

The highlight of my professional week was watching the Thierry Mugler show live on streaming video with an art director friend at The Journal. We had a shoot with Lady Gaga's stylist, Nicola Formichetti, a day or two before his Paris show. This week he was presenting his ready-to-wear collection for Thierry Mugler, and his pal Gaga walked in the show. So fun to see the clothes we had seen being prepped during our shoot, and then to see the final looks on the runway. Amazing clothes--fetishy materials like latex in flesh tones and a nude leather corset under a cropped boxy jacket. The girls try hard to look louche, but the shoes make that impossible. There are three near falls in the show. It is kind of a thrill to have even a little bit of fashion in my professional life again-- after years of coaching scientists about what to wear to a shoot--I am welcoming it! Fashion is a guilty pleasure for me, but I think needlessly so...
Watch to end to see the appearance of inside-out man...and Gaga, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment