Thursday, September 10, 2009

Collaboration


Zachary Zavislak emailed me the above version of my own image today. He cleaned it up and added the line as a continuation of the idea of the tension or connection between the hands. He says:" For me the hands were trying to contain/suspend something. Photographing the forearms/hands floating on black continues to support this idea. The magenta line represents a liquid pour..... couldn't do the real thing. liquid always taking on the form of its container...The hands can't suspend, or contain the liquid in that position."

This is the first time anyone has ever done anything like this with my images. He clearly understands what I'm after. It feels like a spontaneous collaboration. I am going to think about the idea of a vertical line inserted, instead of horizontal ones. I will work on refining.

No comments:

Post a Comment