Saturday, October 29, 2011

Mail Chute? Roller coaster? Art Installation? You decide.


I got into this crazy contraption on this past Tuesday, Oct 25th at the New Museum's press preview. I didn't really WANT to get into this 102 foot slide that runs from the 4th floor to the 2nd. It was something I did only because I felt it would be extremely lame not to do. Yes, it was scary, but I didn't regret it.

It had a lingering effect on me all week-- I kept wishing that instead of getting into the elevator I could simply hop into a slide that would take me directly into the lobby, or even drop me out on 6th Avenue. It does have a sneaky, subversive feeling, this traveling through buildings by giant slippery slide. You can see see more photographs from Carsten Höller's survey exhibit "Experience" by clicking here. Photograph by Benoit Pailley

No comments:

Post a Comment