Thursday, June 10, 2010

Some Totally Refreshing Favorites from Review Santa Fe




I was so pleased to see Adam Ekberg's work. Well, mostly pleased. It is a little alarming to find someone who is working with some of the very same ideas as you are- and in some cases, executing them better. I found some flashlight images of his that are almost identical to the sketches I did recently. Damn. I guess it is bound to happen. Eckberg on his own work " My images function as traces of a presence. The photographed interventions range from very simple gestures to elaborate stagings; what they have in common is an implied trace."

I just love his disco ball in the woods. And the vacuum cleaner? It kills me. I am going to try and stay in touch with him, and keep up with his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment