Friday, January 28, 2011

Lauren Fleishman

"We have lived in Brighton Beach for 11 years. Before that we lived on Ocean Parkway and Kings Highway for 4 years. We walk on the boardwalk 3 miles each day. At 2 o'clock we watch the news. I like to read books and he reads the newspaper. What is the secret to love? A secret is a secret and I don't reveal my secrets!"

I met with photographer Lauren Fleishman this week, this was the first photographer meeting I've scheduled since starting at The Wall Street Journal. I was happy to see her "Love Ever After" project in person. I really enjoy this series- and it made me a little weepy. This work is showing at the Brooklyn public library now. I also love her project "you would have loved him too", which is very personal narrative. Lauren is a relentless hunter of the intimate in her work..
Address of show:

The Brooklyn Public Library
Central Branch
10 Grand Army Plaza
Brooklyn, New York 11225

Opening is Wednesday the 9th from 6-8PM

No comments:

Post a Comment